Relational trauma is when a situation in your child’s life (remembered, or not) caused your child to perceive that her positive relationship with someone she cherished was severed or ripped away against her will, never to return. Unvalidated relational trauma often goes underground, remains unresolved and turns into a deep wound.
My Trichotillomania Tribe
My Trichotillomania Tribe is the expression of a vision — one where those with trichotillomania learn that they need not carry shame or stigma for compulsive hair pulling because it is not a statement of low worth, but instead speaks of your great value, sensitivity, loving nature, intelligence, and perception.
Our mission is to:
- Remove the shame/stigma of trich.
- Stop the feelings of isolation and build a like-minded community (not just of others who pull or have pulled, but of the deeper feelings and experiences beneath your pulling).
- Explain and resolve the “why trich, why me” question.
- Let the world know that it’s more than possible to end compulsive hair pulling.
- Share wisdom of what true healing is about.
- Encourage others to heal themselves, improve their lives and their relationships and end the pain of compulsive hair pulling for good.
If our vision speaks to you, please JOIN us!